Today visiting my blog is author and zombie expert Stacey Jay! She’s a workaholic with three pen names, and a sick sense of humor. She loves creepies, crawlies, and of course, romance. What would a zombie novel–or any novel–be without kisses that make your toes tingle?
Her new Young Adult book Undead Much? just launched.
Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues…
A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.
Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…
Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.
I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.
I read the first Megan Berry book You are so Undead to Me and can not wait to pick this one up!
Meantime, Stacey answered some embarrassing questions for me!
1. Having the devil for a dad can be tough. But sometimes having a regular parent can be just as hard. What was your most embarrassing parent related moment? My dad was seventeen years older than my mom, so he was really more like a grandpa than a dad. That made for a LOT of awkward moments. I remember one time I came downstairs for a first date wearing a very short kilt–that my mother had allowed me to buy and had no problem with, being a child of the 60’s and all. But my dad had a hysterical fit when he saw it, and made me go upstairs and change. I’d never been so embarrassed. I almost cried, but I knew that would have made it even worse!
2. And while we’re on embarrassing moments (which my main character has quite a few of)… share with us one of yours (non parent related)? I was at my stepdaughter’s second grade open house, surrounded by other parents, trying to pretend like I had some clue what I was doing being a full time caregiver to a little girl I’d only known for a year. I bent over to pick up my then two-year-old and split my jeans completely up the middle. My underwear was ALL OVER Pine Forest Elementary. Thankfully, it was pretty underwear…but still. Neither of my stepdaughters let too many days go by without reminding me of that moment. It’s been three years and…I don’t think they’ll ever let me forget, lol.
3. If you could cast your book as a movie/tv show… who would be your dream cast?
All unknowns! Give the new people a chance, they’re probably better than the “stars” anyway. (Spoken as a true former actor, lol.)
To learn more about her books check out http://www.staceyjay.com.